Friday, November 14, 2008

Family Spirit

Okay, I admit up front that I haven’t been the most blog-worthy correspondent on this matter, so I have no moral high ground from which to urge you to post or answer questions or give suggestions or vote in polls. But that never stopped me before!!!

Just a tad over two years ago most of us enjoyed one of the most memorable and fun trips ever….together…. and vowed that we would do it again. It’s time! I think most everybody has showed an interest in planning another trip; in fact we hope to include even more family members on the next one I think.

Christina has gamely offered to be our organizer for this one --- THANK YOU!!!! ---- but many of us, me included, haven’t been very helpful.

So it’s time to get on the stick!

Do we want to do this????

When???? Christy helped us last time by signing up for the Dublin marathon which then dictated the time and place. I love you all, but I’m not signing up for any marathons! So, does anyone have a better idea?

When I was the editor of my high school newspaper, The Statesman, I was always writing editorials about school spirit and urging my fellow students to show some enthusiasm, come to school events, etc. I feel like I’m doing it again!!!

Christina has thrown out a number of ideas and time frames. Some folks have been fabulous about responding…. But not many. HELLO!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU??????

We’ll never find a perfect time for everyone to do this, but let’s start somewhere and hone in on it. If school months are totally out for too many people, we’ll look at just summer possibilities. Or if there’s a spring break week in there that would work, let everybody know.

I know that email is SOOOO passé but I still use it and I’m sure many others do. I haven’t gotten into the Facebook thing yet but I think I’m going to have to, since so many of you are there already. And then there’s the blog Christina has created. http://www.blogger.com/i.g?inviteID=6811117282632953238&blogID=24265692 . If that’s not enough ways for us to communicate then we should just give up and stay home.

So….. are we doing this, or what?
Love, Kathleen

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ok I got the hint!!!I voted a few days ago.